Now Accepting Applications for the Water the Thornes Scholarship March 1st – March 22nd
Thorne to Rose is excited to offer its first-time Water the Thornes Scholarship. This scholarship fund was created to help therapists who operate as a sole proprietor or single-member LLC increase their competence in addressing mental health illness specifically in the BIPOC community, through education and awareness. The organization is awarding one $500 scholarship for the 2024 year.
Requirements to Apply:
- Must operate as a sole proprietor or single-member LLC
- At the time of application, currently serving a minimum of 60% demographic population of the BIPOC or black and brown communities between the ages of 13- 25
- Only 25% or less of the scholarship monies received can be used to assist with client co-pays.
- Must be currently licensed to practice in North Carolina and located in Wake County.
- Continuing education courses must specifically address techniques and strategies on how to provide mental health services to BIPOC or black and brown communities
- If awarded, must be able to provide 1 hour of donated services to attend a group support meeting geared towards parents and caregivers dealing with loved ones
If you are interested in applying, please complete and submit the following application:
Once the application period has closed, the board will meet in March to select the winner and request any additional documentation needed to move forward with the award.
Thank you for your continued support of the Thorne to Rose Foundation.
“For the Sake of the Rose, You Must Water the Thornes!”